We believe in full transparency. It is important to show all terms and conditions pertaining to our popular Key To The City so there is a clear understanding for both sides, Us and the Keyholder:
1. DEFINITIONS. The following definitions are used to describe terms identified in this ‘Terms and Conditions’ and ‘Privacy’ documents.
“Participating Merchant(s)” refers to merchants that offer the “Benefit” on the Site (www.torontocitykey.com) with the display of a “Valid Toronto Key To The City”. “Valid Toronto Key To The City” refers to the key that is purchased through this website that are used to display at participating Merchants and claim a benefit as identified on this website.
A “Valid Toronto Key To The City” is only valid on or before the expiry date indicated on the “Toronto Key To The City”.
“The Site” refers to torontocitykey.com.
“Perk(s)” refers to a participating Merchant benefit or discount identified on torontocitykey.com (“the Site”) that can be claimed by showing a “Valid Toronto Key To The City” to a participating merchant subject to the terms and conditions of “the Site” and the “fine print” noted for each participating Merchant.
“Toronto Key To The City” refers to the business which owns and operates “the Site” (www.torontocitykey.com) and provides the “Valid Toronto Key To The City” for sale.
“Fine Print” refers to any terms and conditions for each “Benefit” indicated by the “Participating Merchant”.
“Event” refers to your voluntary participation in any event, party or activity organized by Toronto Key To The City through “the Site” or any social media page operated by same.
“Content” refers to any text, images, audio clips, video clips, software and other materials included on “the Site”.
2. PARTIES. This document forms a legally binding agreement between you, a person who decides to purchase a “Valid Toronto Key To The City” or obtain information from “the Site”, and Toronto Key To The City.
3. WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. The materials on “the “Site”, which may include text, images, audio clips, video clips, software and other materials (the “Content”), are provided by Toronto Key To The City for informational purposes only. By accessing the Site or downloading any “Content”, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below (“Terms and Conditions”). If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not access the Site or download any Content.
4. GENERAL DISCLAIMERS. Toronto Key To The City intends for the “Content” on “the Site” to be accurate and reliable, however, since the “Content” has been compiled by Toronto Key To The City from a variety of sources, it is provided to you “as is” and “as available.” Toronto Key To The City ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY KIND IN THE “CONTENT” OR PERKS, AND DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE “CONTENT” AND TO ANY MATTER RELATING TO “THE SITE”, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED ACTUAL VENUES, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF NON INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
PERKS ARE AGREED TO BY MERCHANT PARTNERS. Toronto Key To The City are not liable for perks not honoured at venues on the Toronto Key To The City program due to merchant handling beyond our reasonable control. However, we train all venues and ensure they keep with full compliance rules as we take compliance of all VIP Perks very seriously. ALL PERKS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL WITH NOTICE ON WEBSITE AND/OR APP.
Links available on “the Site” will allow you to link to Web sites not maintained or controlled by Toronto Key To The City. Toronto Key To The City provides these links for your convenience, and is not responsible for the contents of any linked site. Toronto Key To The City cannot and does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any information available through these links, and makes no representation or endorsement whatsoever about any other Web site which you may access through “the Site”. It is your responsibility to ensure that any Web site you choose to use is free of potentially destructive items such as viruses.
IN NO EVENT WILL Toronto Key To The City BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR COSTS WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SITE OR PHYSICAL KEY TO THE CITY OR THE CONTENT AVAILABLE OR REFERRED TO ON THIS SITE, OR ANY OTHER SITE YOU MAY ACCESS THROUGH THIS SITE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
5. USE OF THE SITE. You may not post, upload, publish, reproduce, transmit or otherwise distribute information or other material on “the Site”: constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability; which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right, or derivative works thereof, without obtaining permission of the copyright holder; or otherwise use this Site in a manner which is contrary to law or Netiquette, or which would adversely impact use of the Site or the Internet by other users, including the posting or transmitting of information or software containing viruses or other disruptive components.
6. COPYRIGHT. All “Content” published on or otherwise accessible through “the Site” is protected by copyright. The “Content”, and the copyright in the “Content”, are owned or controlled by Toronto Key To The City or its advertisers. You may only use or reproduce the information in the “Content” for your own personal, non-commercial or educational use. The “Content” may not be otherwise used, reproduced, broadcast, published or retransmitted without the prior written permission of the copyright holder. You must abide by all copyright notices, information and restrictions contained in any “Content” on or accessed through “the Site”, and maintain such notices in the “Content”.
8. INDEMNITY. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Toronto Key To The City and its related companies harmless from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, related to any violation of these Terms and Conditions by you or users of your account, or in connection with the use of this Site or physical Key To The City or the placement or transmission of any information or other materials on “the Site” by you or users of your account.
9. TERRITORY. Toronto Key To The City originates in Toronto, Ontario Canada and services the GTA or Greater Toronto Area.
Unauthorized or unlawful reproduction, resale, modification or trade of our trademarked “Toronto Key To The City” is prohibited.
11. TERMS OF SALE. A “Valid Toronto Key To The City”(s) purchased through “the Site” or through Merchants authorized by Toronto Key To The City will provide you with a special promotional offer(s) (“Perk”) that is redeemable through “Participating Merchants” identified on “the Site” and mobile app.
“Perks” indicated on “the Site” are redeemable for certain goods, services and/or experiences offered by, or facilitated through, a “Participating Merchant” identified on “the Site”. The “Participating Merchant” is solely responsible for redeeming the “Perk”.
The “Participating Merchant” is the issuer of the “Perk” and is fully responsible for all goods and services it provides to you and for any and all injuries, illnesses, damages, claims, liabilities and costs (“Liabilities”) it may cause you to suffer, directly or indirectly, in full or in part, whether related to the use or redemption of the “Perk” or not. You waive and release Toronto Key To The City and any of its affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees and agents from any Liabilities arising from or related to any act or omission of a “Participating Merchant” in connection with your use of the “Perk” it provides in connection with it. Toronto Key To The City are not liable if any issues arise with redemption of advertised “Perk” at the merchant locations listed on www.torontocitykey.com. If an issue arises, you may let us know so we can investigate by writing to us at: email@example.com.
By purchasing a valid “Toronto Key To The City”, you agree to the terms of this Agreement and these Terms of Sale.
“Participating Merchants”, “Perk” provided by Participating Merchants” and the “fine print” associated with a “Perk” on a “Participating Merchant” webpage on “the Site” are subject to change (including removal) without notification. Toronto Key To The City cannot guarantee that the “Participating Merchant”, “Perk” provided by a “Participating Merchant” and ‘the “fine print” associated with a “Perk” on a “Participating Merchant” webpage on “the Site” will remain the same at the time of or after your purchase of a “Valid Toronto Key To The City”.
We take compliance VERY SERIOUSLY with all VIP perks and their corresponding partners. We will remove any business partner that does not honour perks if found to be in violation. If a “Participating Merchant” refuses to honor their “Perk”, please report this to Toronto Key To The City at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. ATTENDANCE AT EVENTS. Toronto Key To The City is not responsible for any personal injury or property damage inflicted by participants at Toronto Key To The City “Events”. Toronto Key To The City is not responsible for any personal lost or stolen articles or items during your attendance at “Events”. There is no guarantee of the number, quality or pricing of “Events” provided during your attendance at Toronto Key To The City Events.
You will be respectful to attendees and staff at a Toronto Key To The City “Event”. You will not solicit or harass others when in attendance at a Toronto Key To The City “Event”. You will not cause damage to the interior or exterior of a chosen “Event” venue, and if any damages are incurred you are solely responsible to the costs of such damages. If you are found to pose a safety threat to any attendee or staff, Toronto Key To The City reserves the right to remove you immediately from the “Event” without explanation. You agree not to engage in any illegal substance or display abusive or aggressive behavior to others when at a Toronto Key To The City “Event”. You understand that any reports of such will result in your ejection from the “Event”.
14. PHOTOGRAPH DISCLAIMER. Photographs may be taken at Toronto Key To The City sponsored “Events” and posted on “the Site”. You are aware that no compensation will be made for the use of your photo for such purposes. Your photograph will not be used for any printed media advertisements without prior approval from you. If you see a photograph of yourself which you object to, please contact Toronto Key To The City and the photo will be removed from “the Site”.
15. CHANGES. Toronto Key To The City reserves the right to change or remove any “Content”, including “Participating Merchants” and “Perks” from “the Site”, in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, at any time, without notice.
16. REFUSAL OF SALE. Toronto Key To The City reserves the right to refuse sale to anyone requesting to purchase a “Valid Toronto Key To The City” without notice, on the ground that you breach the rules outlined herein at our discretion. Refusal to Sell a “Valid Toronto Key To The City” will be done on the grounds of (but not limited to) falsifying personal information on your application form, breach of rules by you, solicitation or harassment at “Participating Merchants”.
17. ALCOHOL. Certain “Perks” offered on “the Site” may involve the purchase of alcohol. You must be of legal drinking age to claim this benefit from a “Participating Merchant”. “Participating Merchant(s)” have the right to ask you (a “Valid Toronto Key To The City” holder) for a valid photo identification when claiming a “Perk” that contains alcohol. “Participating Merchant(s)” have the right to refuse you the purchase of a “Perk” if the “Valid Toronto Key To The City” holder appears to be intoxicated and that their actions may be disruptive to other patrons or impact their own safety or the safety of other patrons.
18. PRIVACY. Toronto Key To The City will not sell any personal information to a third party without your written permission. Any data you submit to Toronto Key To The City will be protected to the best of our ability. Due to the nature of internet technology however, Toronto Key To The City cannot guarantee against potential security breaches.
20. SUBSCRIPTION AND RECURRING PAYMENT: A “Toronto Key To The City” purchased on the “the Site” operate under Stripe credit card payments and PayPal which will automatically renew each year until Keyholder decides to cancel at any time. Recurring payments may be cancelled by you at any time via your PayPal account or by writing to us at email@example.com or through login on our website at www.torontocitykey.com. You may also reach out to our 24/7 Live Chat support to assist with this. We offer a refund to anyone who has mistakenly renewed their “Toronto Key To The City” membership if notified within 3 business days of the PayPal and/or credit card renewal at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any new “Toronto Key To The City” sent to the subscriber, and cancelled within 3 business days, will be required to be returned to “Toronto Key To The City” before any refund is issued and must be within 15 days of Key shipping date. Keys returned must be in original, unopened packaging and must not have been used to redeem for any perk on the program. No refund may be issued if package is open.
21. EMAIL: Emails provided through the purchase of a Toronto Key To The City or by contacting Toronto Key To The City will be included on the Toronto Key To The City distribution list. This will be used to send periodic newsletters regarding Toronto Key To The City. The information you provide will not be shared with any third party without your permission. You may unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time.